Strasbourg 2018 - Executive Bureau The United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) Executive Bureau will be held on 23-26 May at the European Parliament headquarters in Strasbourg, France, under the invitation of
Strasbourg 2018 – Executive Bureau
The United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) Executive Bureau will be held on 23-26 May at the European Parliament headquarters in Strasbourg, France, under the invitation of the Mayor of the city, and UCLG Co-President Roland Ries.
The highlights of the programme:
- The Business session of the Executive Bureau will be held on 25 May from 14:30 to 18:30.
- The four UCLG Policy Councils will host the dialogues between Ministers and Local Governments in collaboration with UN-Habitat on 24-25 May.
- With the support of UN-Habitat and UNACLA, two high-level events will also gather national delegations and local government representatives:
- Country implementation of SDG 11, a meeting of national delegations organized by UN-Habitat on 24 May, with the presence of the new Executive Director of UN-Habitat, Ms Maimunah Mohd Sharif.
- A high-level dialogue on the links between the Global Goals and the New Urban Agenda implementation, a session organized in partnership with UNACLA on 25 May.
Several UCLG consultation mechanisms are planning meetings in Strasbourg as well:
- Working Group on Territorial Prevention and Management of Crises on 23 May
- Community of Practice on Mobility on 23 May
- Community of Practice on Transparency and Accountability on 23 May
- Forum of CEOs of Local Government Associations on 26 May
- Committee on Local Economic Social Development on 26 May
may 23 (Wednesday) - 26 (Saturday)